- Bodacious Brows » Read More
- The Viviscal Trial » Read More
- Wake Up Cream » Read More
- Must Have Specs » Read More
- Vivienne Westwood OTT Chic » Read More
- Must-Have Primer » Read More
- Chanel Chance Eau Vive » Read More
- Aussie Keepsake Lands in Maynooth » Read More
- Body Shop Classic Turns 20! » Read More
- Home Spa Style Treat » Read More
- Catrice Luxury Lashes Volume Mascara » Read More
- Nails inc and alice + olivia » Read More
- Diet Coke J.W.Anderson Collection » Read More
- We Cook with Saba Chef Tao » Read More
- The Ultimate Bridal Package! » Read More
- Tres Joli » Read More
- Catrice Liquid Camouflage - High Coverage Concealer » Read More
- Cinderella’s Shoes » Read More
- A Cosmo in a Can » Read More
- An Ode to Manolo » Read More
- Eau Premiere Gets Classic Bottle » Read More
Welcome To Beauty Couture
Beautycouture.ie is an online women's magazine filled with the latest beauty & fashion stories, celeb gossip, competition & features! We're 100% Irish & independent!
Catrice SS15 - Bargain Beauty Finds
By: Niamh, 27 February 2015
There are times when I find myself shelling out a fortune for an eye palette or lipstick and I wonder am I just paying for the brand name? And at times I have to admit to myself that I am.
But there is a lot to be said for the cheaper supermarket brands, that while don’t have the same gravitas of the big designer brand names, if you dig around a bit you’re likely to find some genuine gems that cost a fraction of the price. For example I swear by Rimmel’s Stay Matte Powder which is a total snip at around €5.
So when a bundle of Catrice SS15 goodies arrived into the HQ, I was ready to park my beauty brand ego at the door and judge it on its merits… although with nothing in the collection is over €5.49, it already had me in a good mood.
There’s plenty on offer for starters with everything from foundation (which we’ll review separately in the Great Foundation Search next week) to eye colours, nail polish, eyeliners, lipsticks and concealers.
For me though there were a few standouts well worth considering. First up is the Absolute Rose Eye shadow Palette. There’s been a plethora of fab eye palettes popping up recently from heavy hitters like Urban Decay and Artistry, both with price tags to match. This La Vie en Rose, contains six super versatile soft nude and rose shades in both matte and shimmering finished for just €5.49. Okay it doesn’t look as suave as the aforementioned other palettes, but for everyday wear they are really pretty good.
Another one I really liked was the Velvet Matt Smokey Eyes Pencil. It makes smokey eyes a total cinch. Basically a long pencil with a little brush on one end, the smooth texture of the pencil end is ideal for a line or it can be smudged for simple smokey eyes. And its just €2.79
Eye lovers will also want to check out the Made To Stay Inside Eye Khôl Kajal. A superb texture that’s made specially developed for the waterline, its easy to apply and really stays put. €3.29
Eye shadow primers are something I’m using more and more now and while Clinique’s primer is the one I normally reach for this Catrice Prime And Fine Eyeshadow Base was surprisingly good. Light in texture the nude shade is easy to apply and spread, it will set you back €3.99.
Finally the All round Coverstick €3.49 was a super versatile number you can use anywhere. Smooth and soft to apply its got vitamin E and, light-reflecting pigments to conceals fine lines and blemishes.